- How to install Amoveo wallet?
- Where to trade Amoveo?
- How to use prediction markets?
- How to mine Amoveo? What hardware can be used? How to estimate mining profitability?
- How many VEO coins have been mined? What is the ownership discrepancy between holders? What are VEO emission restraints?
- How profitable is Amoveo mining? Will difficulty increase?
- Where can the mining software be found?
- Are there any mining pools?
How to install Amoveo wallet?
There are three ways to work with Amoveo network. The easiest way is to set up a wallet at myveowallet.com, it can be downloaded or used online. As an alternative, for reliable storage of coins, a light node can be installed, found here: https://github.com/zack-bitcoin/amoveo. Click on “Clone or download” > “Download ZIP”, unpack the downloaded archive file called amoveo-master.zip and open the file apps\amoveo_http\priv\external_web\wallet.html.
Where to trade Amoveo?
The number of exchanges is as follows, and will continue to grow:
A platform where you can exchange VEO for BTC
Available in pairs with ETH and BTC
Exchange VEO directly into EUR or USD
Another exchange offering VEO/BTC trading
Trade your BTC or USDT into VEO
Besides, a large volume of transactions is conducted between the users of the project’s discord channel at https://discord.gg/a52sz.Jw. Current market price can be viewed here https://coinpaprika.com/coin/veo-amoveo/ along with other various information.
How to use prediction markets?
How to mine Amoveo? What hardware can be used? How to estimate mining profitability?
Amoveo uses the same principles of reaching network consensus, the PoW (Proof-of-Work), as Bitcoin and many other cryptocurrencies. It is also known as the Nakamoto consensus. There are no Amoveo-specific miners available as yet. The SHA26 algorithm is used for mining Amoveo. The algorithm is the same as for Bitcoin, but modified. Bitcoin-ASIC machines cannot be used. The coin can be mined using graphics cards. Please find the hash rate calculator here: https://calc.exan.tech/
How many VEO coins have been mined? What is the ownership discrepancy between holders? What are VEO emission restraints?
Similar to the Bitcoin network, new VEO coins are created when a new block is hashed. At this time (beginning of October 2018) the reward is 0.641 VEO (plus 0.128 VEO to Zack Hess personally at: BL0SzhkFGFW1kTTdnO8sGnwPEzUvx2U2nyECwWmUJPRhLxbPPK+ep8eYMxlTxVO/wnQS5WmsGIKcrPP7/Fw1WVc=), it takes approximately 10 minutes to generate a single block. There is no maximum limit amount for VEO coins, but the speed of emissions can be regulated by governance oracle (which as described above makes decisions based on user bets). As of this writing (beginning of October 2018) there were 43489 VEO coins generated . Number of network users is 2,719. The largest holder owns about 17% of all coins. The current ownership roster is available here: https://veoscan.io/holders.
How profitable is Amoveo mining? Will difficulty increase?
At this moment the Amoveo mining community is relatively small, which makes the coin rather profitable. At the current VEO exchange rate, assuming all else being equal, mining VEO is more profitable compared to Ether and other top cryptocurrencies as rated by whattomine.org. Historical information about mining and growing complexity (resource intensity) along with other statistical data can be viewed at amoveo.tools. The profitability comparison between various cryptocurrencies can be seen at calc.exan.tech.
Where can the mining software be found?
- https://github.com/zack-bitcoin/VeoCL – miner from the developer with open source code for Linux;
- https://github.com/PhamHuong92/VeoMiner – multi-platform miner with proprietary source code and a 2% commission;
- https://github.com/krypdkat/AmoveoMinerMan – multi-platform miner with open source code;
- https://github.com/Mandelhoff/AmoveoMinerGpuCuda – miner with open source code for Windows.