- How will Amoveo be developed & is there a roadmap?
- Who governs blockchain development?
- Is Amoveo being developed by a single person?
- Where to discuss the project?
- What should future developers know?
How will Amoveo be developed & is there a roadmap?
The roadmap is available here: https://github.com/zack-bitcoin/amoveo/blob/master/docs/community_roadmap.md
As of September, 2018 it states:
- Acquire initial users of the markets. Offer them the following:
- contract for difference/stable coins;
- use a smart contract to pay a reward to someone for uploading a torrent for an expensive textbook;
- use a market to fund the creation of something for Amoveo;
- use a combinatorial market to decide how we will do something for Amoveo. (done; we have already had a futarchy market);
- use a markets to do things from this list: http://bitcoinhivemind.com/papers/3_PM_Applications.pdf
- Study our users and keep improving Amoveo based on how they use it and what they want.
- Rename and rebrand Amoveo based on who our first users are and who makes sense to market ourselves towards.
- This is the point at which we will have clear goals and features that we can put on a website; this way potential users can absorb our goals and features in 10 seconds.
- Any money spent on advertising before this point in time is going to be dozens or hundreds of times less effective.
- Use a smart contract to incentivize targeted advertising to grow our user base.
Who governs blockchain development?
Unlike Bitcoin, where decisions are made by voting of miners, in Amoveo decisions are made by monetary bets of all participants, in other words, using the abovementioned oracle governance. The answer that gets the majority of money, wins. This system is called futarchy.
Is Amoveo being developed by a single person?
The fact that the project is tied to a single person has both advantages and disadvantages, as it allows avoiding internal conflicts during development. As the project progresses, the team around it will grow (already happening), but Zack Hess still has the final say.
Where to discuss the project?
What should future developers know?
- Main developers page: https://github.com/zack-bitcoin/amoveo/blob/master/docs/getting-started/quick_start_developer_guide.md
- Detailed instructions for developers: https://github.com/zack-bitcoin/amoveo/blob/master/docs/contributions.md
- Node management commands (accounts, channels, oracles, etc.): https://github.com/zack-bitcoin/amoveo/blob/master/docs/api/commands.md
- Transaction types: https://github.com/zack-bitcoin/amoveo/blob/master/docs/design/transaction_types.md
- Trees: https://github.com/zack-bitcoin/amoveo/blob/master/docs/design/trees.md
- Task List: https://github.com/zack-bitcoin/amoveo/blob/master/docs/todo.md